Follow these steps to make a tasty Ratatouille Pasta.
When it comes to comfort food, few dishes can surpass an Italian classic like Ratatouille Pasta. This delicious pasta dish is filled with chunks of vegetables like zucchini, tomato, eggplant, bell peppers, and onions, as well as herbs like basil and oregano, and served with a flavourful tomato sauce. It‘s a great way to enjoy the flavours of ratatouille while also getting your fill of pasta!
If you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner that’s sure to please even the pickiest of eaters, look no further than Ratatouille Pasta. It’s a great meal for both adults and kids and can easily be scaled up or down to suit your needs. Plus, it’s relatively inexpensive, making it perfect for those on a budget.
So, what’s the secret to making all the flavours come together? First, start by sautéing your vegetables and garlic in a large pot. Once the vegetables are lightly browned and slightly softened, add some white wine and cook until it bubbles and reduces. Then, add your canned tomatoes and seasonings – like oregano, basil, and salt and pepper – and simmer for a few minutes. Once the sauce has reduced to your desired consistency, you’re ready to start adding your cooked pasta.
Once your ratatouille pasta is finished, you can dig in and enjoy! Serve it up with a little grated parmesan and some fresh basil leaves for added flavour, and you’ve got yourself a delicious meal. Ready to give it a try? Here’s how to make Ratatouille Pasta:
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, and garlic, and cook until lightly browned.
2. Add white wine to the pot and reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the wine has reduced, and the vegetables are slightly softened.
3. Add crushed tomatoes, oregano, basil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring often, until sauce has thickened.
4. Add cooked pasta to the pot and stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the sauce has been absorbed.
5. Serve ratatouille pasta topped with freshly grated parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves (if desired). Enjoy!
One of the many benefits of home care for the elderly is that you can spend more time together, helping them to stay happy and healthy. Get in touch to learn more about home care in Aberdeen and how we can help support your family.