Our Home Care Services team, which will serve residents of Wrexham community, is currently seeking compassionate and hospitality-minded people to join us as Home Care Assistants. This is an incredibly special opportunity to make a positive impact in the life of another person on a daily basis, and to build relationships with some amazing people at the same time.
As a Home Care Assistant, you will assist with a variety of daily living activities in the comfort of their own homes - activities such as bathing, dressing, and grooming; general housekeeping and laundry tasks, nutritious meal planning and preparation; and grocery shopping, to name a few. You will also provide something that is so important to everyone: companionship, which may be in the form of reading a book together, going for walks, doing crafts, listening to music together, or just having a simple conversation.
Kind, compassionate people wanted.
We are looking for people in the Wrexham area who care about their local community and would like to help those locally who need a bit of help. We call these people CAREGivers.
We provide companionship based care to a variety of clients but what unites them is that they receive the highest quality visits from a team of people who deliver a service they would be proud to provide their own families.
We don't rush the visits with each one lasting at least one hour or more. We start with the person then go from there. A typical visit may include helping someone prepare breakfast before taking them to the shops. Doing the ironing whilst chatting to the client or even taking them on a day trip to the beach.
No experience required, just a caring attitude and a few spare hours a week.
Our CAREGivers have said they can't believe they get paid for this job.
The Community Marketing Coordinator is a part-time position (27 hours a week) and is responsible for generating awareness of Home Instead Senior Care within our local communities of Wrexham and Flintshire East, this will involve face to face networking with local businesses, community organisations and health care professionals, connecting local elderly friendship groups and transposing the information and knowledge of services onto our social media and website, including short article writing.
· Writing engaging content to raise the profile of Home Instead in the local area
· Management of digital marketing through social media, paid advertising etc
· Writing local content of the website
· Organising and coordinating community events to support older people in the community
· Building relationships to generate referrals from new clients and CAREGiver candidates
· Community networking with like-minded people and businesses
· Able to deliver presentations to community groups
The Person Essential Criteria
· Excellent organisational skills
· Excellent presentation skills
· Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines in a busy environment
· Excellent verbal communications skills, including excellent telephone manner
- Knowledge of SEO
- Passionate about making a difference and delivering high quality customer service in the care sector.
- Able to see the ‘big picture’ whilst possessing excellent attention to detail.
- Able to stay calm under pressure; not taking things personally.
- Able to work unsupervised and using own initiative, yet realising when to raise risks and issues and ask for help from others
- Able to work as a trusted team member under own initiative and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Empathetic yet business-like in approach to Clients and CAREGivers.