Are you looking for an exciting new job where you can make a real difference to people’s lives within your community? If this sounds like you, then being a Part Time CAREGiver could be the perfect role for you.
We have roles available in Milton Keynes and the surrounding areas, so if you would like to find out more about becoming a Part Time CAREGiver, get in contact by submitting your details!
Home Instead Senior Care Milton Keynes is proud to offer the highest quality care and support to people living in their own homes; in order to help them remain living independently, safely and happily for as long as possible.
Being a Part Time CAREGiver offers you the flexibility to work when best suits you! As you would be working as part of the team providing care & companionship to our clients throughout the week, we ask that you are available evenings and weekends. However, you would never be expected to work every weekend or every evening unless this is something you were happy to do.
We will carefully match you to older adults within your local community and you will support them in their own home and in their day to day activities…
This can include:
- Being a friendly companion, someone they can rely on and chat to.
- Assisting with daily routines around the house including light household duties & preparing meals.
- Prompting to take any medications.
- Taking a client out shopping or attending local groups, events or appointments.
- Assisting with personal needs for some clients if necessary.
For the right candidates we offer excellent benefits and support, such as…
- Excellent rates of pay - £8.80 - £9.25 per hour.
- Paid mileage allowance
- Orientation training that will give you all of the confidence and skills you will need before you start, as well as funded training & continued development throughout your career with us.
- Paid holidays.
- Minimum of one hour calls to our clients (often longer)
- Pension contributions
No previous care experience is required as we offer a fully comprehensive orientation training programme, however having experience would be an advantage.
Hours Available: Part Time (Flexibility Required)
Are you a Care Coordinator/Manager looking for a change?
Salary - £22K - £25K per annum DOE plus benefits
We are looking for a proactive individual who has experience as a Care Coordinator/Manager to become a Recruitment Consultant/Networker in the Milton Keynes area of Buckinghamshire.
Do you want to be part of something special, something exclusive? Maybe you are a Coordinator or Manager and you are looking for a change of pace or to utilise your skills in a different role? If so, we could have an ideal opportunity for you.
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a purely private client base, but the focus being on companionship.
Recruitment plays a pivotal role and drives their service, you will be proactive and find and inspire people in the local community to becoming a Care Assistant/Companion for their customers. Your responsibilities will involve:
- To manage all aspects of recruitment;
- Pre-screen, interview and assess candidates for suitability;
- Perform all relevant background check and gather documentation for compliance;
- Be responsible for adverts, job boards and marketing material;
- Achieve targeted recruitment figures;
- To devise recruitment drives and think of innovative ways to attract candidates;
- Organise recruitment and networking events.
What skills and experience are required?
- You will have experience of recruitment or HR whether in care or other sectors. We would also welcome candidates who have all round experience in care who are looking for their next career move;
- Experience and understanding of recruitment campaigns;
- A good understanding of social media and generating marketing material;
- It is essential that you have a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
If you are excited by this job opportunity we want to hear from you. Within their organisation if you shine opportunities are created. They have ambitious plans for the future and you could be part of that!
Enter Content HereI'm interested
Are you a kind, compassionate person looking for a new role within the Care Industry?
Here at Home Instead, we are looking for people who want to make a real difference to the quality of the lives of those living within the Milton Keynes area. As a Live in CAREGiver, you will live in a client’s home & provide support to help keep your client independent within their own home for as long as possible.
You do not need any experience or particular qualifications to become a Live in CAREGiver. However, it would be useful to have some experience of working within a care setting. This could be from personal experiences of caring for your family or voluntary experience.
You will have a passion for supporting people & pride yourself on delivering an outstanding service. You will be reliable, trustworthy & respectful, enjoying building professional friendships with people and be comfortable spending large amounts of time in the company of others.
As a Live in CAREGiver, you will be provided with 3 meals a day or an allowance from the client, a separate room to stay in & access to a TV and WiFi. In addition, we offer comprehensive training and support.
Essential Criteria –
- Ability to treat and care for clients and their property with dignity and respect.
- Ability to adapt to various living environments and locations.
- Ability to listen, communicate clearly and build relationships with clients and their families in a friendly and pleasant manner.
- Willingness to work and communicate professionally with Home Instead Senior Care Office team and other social and health care professionals.
- Respect for people suffering from a range of medical conditions with different backgrounds and belief to your own. Commitment to non-discriminatory care practice.
- Willing to seek guidance when needed and follow instructions.
- Excellent time management; organised and reliable.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and make decisions at short notice.
- Good hygiene practice, including personal hygiene and smart appearance.
- Good level of stamina and fitness to meet the physical demands of this role.
This role requires you to obtain an Enhances Disclosure (Enhanced DBS) from the relevant body & obtain business insurance for your vehicle if you will be using your car for work)
Here at Home Instead Senior Care, we are the UK’s most admired care company, providing world class home care for seniors. We match our Live in CAREGivers to our clients based on a variety of mutual interests & hobbies to help build strong bonds of trust and overall enables us to provide support in a more personal way.
- Provide live in care, usually working alone.
- Reflect the core values of Home Instead Senior Care.
- Contribute to a positive living environment to enhance a client’s quality of life.
- As you will be staying in client’s home, you will follow their house rules and be mindful of their need for privacy.
- You may be the only person the client see’s over a period of time, it is therefore essential to document daily activities and report any changes or causes for concern relating to a client’s needs or living conditions to the office.
- Maintain regular communications with your line manager and office staff and be clear about when to seek help and advice to keep a client safe and promote their wellbeing.
What does this role involve?
- Offer companionship & conversation.
- Monitor diet and eating
- Stimulate and encourage through a variety of activities (for example; clothing selection, outings, hobbies and crafts)
- Arrange and provide reminders for appointments, activities and outings.
- Help with travel arrangements where needed.
- Organise mail & write letters where needed.
- Assist with walking (lending an arm to steady)
- Accompany to appointments and social events (for example; visiting friends or family, lunch or club meetings.
Home Help –
- Run errands / collect prescriptions.
- Performing light housekeeping tasks (dusting, vacuuming, making beds, changing linen, cleaning bathroom and kitchen, washing and ironing, taking out rubbish, caring for houseplants etc.)
- Organise and tidy cupboards and check food expiry dates.
- Plan, prepare and tidy away meals.
- Answer the door to visitors.
- Assist with pet care where necessary.
- Supervise with home maintenance.
- Help with shopping and oversee any home deliveries.
Personal Care –
- Provide medication reminders.
- Help with bathing, dressing and grooming.
- Help with continence care where necessary.
- Assist with eating and drinking.
- Provide dementia and Alzheimer’s care where necessary.
- Provide respite / convalescence care.
- Assist with morning / wake up and evening / tuck in.
Secondary Responsibilities –
- Participate in company sponsored training and social events including CAREGiver meetings.
- Report hours according to office policy and communicate changes in availability in a timely manner.
- Participate in PEAQ surveys.
- Document client information in Client and Life journal.
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned.
multiple contracts available with varying terms & hours.
If you’re looking for work that is extremely rewarding & you have a high-degree of flexibility to meet our client’s needs, we would love to hear from you!I'm interested