We’re looking for people with personality and passion to build great relationships with our clients in Shanklin, Ventnor and surrounding areas.
Our clients trust us. They will rely on you to listen carefully to what they need, take an interest in them and deliver excellent care. If you enjoy interacting with older individuals and want to pursue an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others, CAREGiving might be the career for you.
The most important part of a CAREGiving role with Home Instead is offering companionship based care and support - including helping someone out of bed, having a wash or putting on their socks. Each of our CAREGivers is matched to a client based on mutual interests and hobbies to encourage a strong relationship that is able to develop.
We believe you need this understanding and bond to be able to care for someone as if they were a member of your own family. Indeed, many of our CAREGivers do not have formal experience of working as a carer before they join our team, we have CAREGivers who have previously been in hospitality or retail each with their own individual experiences to share.
We are looking for friendly, kind, compassionate people who like to spend time with older people and build a friendly but professional relationship. Don’t worry if you don’t have sector experience, we have extensive training and on-going development opportunities that will enable to you deliver our special brand of relationship-led care.
What we will give you:
- Working hours to suit your needs around other commitments you may have, this could be a second job!
- A 2 day specialised free Learning Assessment & Orientation Program as part of our recruitment process on how to become a Home Instead CAREGiver
- E-Learning to improve your knowledge prior to supporting our clients
- Investment in you as a person and any additional training or qualifications you may wish to carry out
- An hourly wage reflective of the important role you do considerably higher than the minimum wage
- Most importantly the chance to feel a part of the growing network of CAREGivers that really do care.
Growing older can be very stressful for some people, so can you imagine taking someone out of their home too? Our CAREGivers allow older people to live long and happy lives, whilst promoting their dignity and independence.
Would you like a job where you can really make a difference to someone’s life?
This position will involve supporting clients with a range of activities in and around their home and/or out and about in the community. Whether you have years of experience or have never worked in care before, if you can bring a can-do attitude and a smiley face, we can teach you everything else.
Why work for Home Instead Senior Care?
· This is an amazingly rewarding job!
· Minimum 1-hour care calls so no rushing to your next call
· Our clients enjoy the relationship they build with our CAREGivers
· To be part of a team that is genuinely passionate about High Quality Companionship and Person-Centred care
· You will have regular clients keeping travelling to a minimum and enabling continuity
· Genuine opportunity to develop a rewarding career
· Ongoing support and training for national qualifications
· Paid Holidays
· The opportunity to build up your hours the longer you are with us
· Full Induction Provided
We are looking for people with kind, compassionate hearts who want to make a true difference to the quality of life for our clients to join our team in the Isle of Wight as a CAREGiver. As a CAREGiver, you will provide a variety of non-medical services to help them keep independent in their own home.
You do not need any experience or particular qualifications to become a CAREGiver. However, it would be useful to have some experience of working in a care setting or interacting with older people. This could be personal experience of caring for a family member or voluntary experience. You will have a passion for supporting others and pride yourself on delivering an outstanding service. You will be reliable, trustworthy and respectful. You will enjoy building professional friendships and comfortable in spending time in the company of others.