Being a CAREGiver
Being a CAREGiver is a unique and rewarding position. It can be mentally challenging but more than anything extremely rewarding. Our office staff are there to support you every hour of the day, and to carefully match you with clients so you can build strong and meaningful relationships. The hours vary depending on the individual needs of the client meaning you could have a visit in the mornings, evenings or over meal times, however, we will always consider your lifestyle and try our best to arrange times around what's best for you.
Why work for Home Instead Senior Care?
- Flexible hours to fit around your commitments, excellent rates of pay, mileage and holiday remuneration.
- No rushed calls! You will spend a minimum of one hour with each client to allow you to build a strong relationship.
- You will be personally introduced to clients who have been carefully matched to you based on your interests and hobbies.
- Great opportunity for training and career development!
- In 2015, Smith & Henderson conducted their annual Client Satisfaction Survey. Home Instead Senior Care received world-class levels of client satisfaction with a massive 96% of clients saying they would recommend us! This put us in 2nd place against the largest companies in the UK, and makes us the UK's leading home care company!
Do I need experience or qualifications?
No, we give high levels of training and support. It would be useful to have some experience maybe looking after an elderly family member or friend, but we believe it is more important to have a genuine affinity and respect for the elderly.
What does the work involve?
All work is flexible and tailored to the clients individual needs. It may include:
- Companionship - Having a friendly chat, playing board games, reading, watching a film, accompanying the client on outings.
- Home Help - General light housekeeping such as ironing, putting clothes in the washer, vacuuming.
- Personal Care - Assisting the client to wash, get dressed, giving them medication.
- Social Activities - Taking the client to classes, group meetings, appointments.
When will I be required to work?
- Although we try to fit around your commitments, it depends on the needs of the client. Mornings, evenings and meal times are the key times that elderly people need assistance.
- However, the more availability you have, the more hours will be available to you
Why do I need a car?
You will need to travel to and from clients houses, and a client may need transport to and from social outings.
How do I find out more
If you have a kind and caring nature and would love to make a difference in an elderly persons life, we would love to hear from you. You can apply via the Employment Enquiry Form on our website or by calling us on 01937 220510.
I would like the opportunity to thankyou from all us all and especially my dad who would agree you and your staff gave a truly wonderful service. You managed to look after Dad and also put mine and my sister’s minds at rest. Thanks again and please pass on our kindest wishes to Ruth and Claire. All the best for 2014.The T Family - Leeds January 2014