Care Manager - Perthshire
Our Perth office is due to open in November 2020 and our mission is to brighten the lives of seniors giving them a sense of purpose, wellbeing & worth. This role will play a vital part ensuring that our clients receive the best in class quality care and support the growth of our business.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated individual with a passion for caring to join our forthcoming Perth office.
As our Care Manager, you will be responsible for the start-up, growth and development of our care service ensuring the delivery of outstanding quality care. This role is suitable for either an experienced care manager looking for a new challenge or a highly motivated care supervisor or co-ordinator who is looking for the next step up in their career.
In this varied and challenging role, you will be involved in:
- Working closely with the General Manager to coordinate the setup, growth. and ongoing development of a new private care service for older people.
- Networking in the local community to raise awareness of the service.
- Recruiting CAREGivers and delivering training.
- Converting new client enquiries and coordinating rotas.
- Care planning and conducting risk assessments ensuring compliance to relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
- Managing a team making sure that exceptional service is delivered to our clients and workloads are managed accordingly.
To be successful, you will:
- Have extensive care experience with excellent customer service and man management skills.
- Be commercially aware and have strong influencing skills.
- Be able to demonstrate achievement of business growth targets.
- Have the ability to build good working relationships.
- Have strong organisation and planning skills.
- Be able to work well and accurately under pressure.
- Be flexible to meet the demands of the business including participating in an on-call rota.
You will have a minimum qualification of SVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent and be able to start working towards SVQ Level 4 and Registered Manager’s Award. In addition to this, you will have strong local knowledge of the Perthshire area and preferably existing relationships within the local health and social care sector
Due to the need to support the On-Call function, which may require you to support team members out in the field in emergency situations, and also the requirement to travel throughout the community to conduct new client assessments, you should have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
This role will play a vital part in ensuring that our clients receive the highest quality care and will make a real difference for the older people we work with. We offer an attractive salary and a fantastic career development opportunity. If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
Home Instead Senior Care is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. The company operates six successful offices in Scotland and over 220 offices throughout the rest of the UK
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to PVG disclosure.
Please apply with covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org