It’s not working, it’s CARING with Home Instead
Care Manager - Stoke Newington
28 Days holiday, Pension, Employee Assistance Programme, Funded qualifications for career progression, Monthly staff recognition awards, Annual Salary Review, Retail discounts
Our Stoke Newington office is to be established in March 2020 and our mission is to brighten the lives of seniors; giving them a sense of purpose, wellbeing & worth.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled, experienced and motivated Care Manager with a strong care background and a passion for high quality care to join our new care team based in North London.
As our Care Manager, you will be responsible for the start-up, growth and development of our domiciliary care service ensuring the delivery of outstanding quality care. This will include being responsible for the efficient running of the business, quality control, managing the needs of the clients and day-to-day management of internal staff and our CAREGivers.
In this varied and challenging role, you will be involved in:
- Working closely with the Director to coordinate setup, growth and development of a high quality private domiciliary care service for older people in the local area
- Networking in the local community to raise awareness of the service
- Promoting the highest standards of care and service
- Recruiting and training CAREGivers
- Converting new client enquiries and coordinating staffing rotas
- Care planning and conducting risk assessments ensuring compliance to relevant legal and regulatory requirements
- Managing a team, making sure that exceptional service is delivered to our clients and workloads are managed accordingly
- Ensuring successful operation of quality control systems and performing quality assurance visits for clients
- Continually reviewing and improving our processes to ensure the most effective and efficient service is always being delivered
- Effectively managing complaints and incidents, carrying out investigations relating to the quality of the service and using those findings to initiate improvements
- Promoting a positive culture in line with the Home Instead ethos and values.
To be successful, you will:
- Have extensive care experience with excellent customer service and people management skills
- Be commercially aware
- Have strong influencing skills
- Be able to demonstrate achievement of business growth targets
- Have the ability to build good working relationships
- Have strong organisation and planning skills
- Have the drive and motivation to take on a broad role and develop our care services
- Be able to work well and accurately under pressure whilst working independently with minimal supervision
- Be flexible to meet the demands of the business including participating in an on-call rota.
- Possess a minimum qualification of NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care and be willing to work towards the NVQ Level 5.
- A proactive approach towards meeting the needs of our CAREGivers and Clients.
- Very strong planning, organising and self management skills.
- The ability to problem solve and react effectively within legislative and regulatory boundaries.
- The desire to deliver a first class service to our clients and a positive working environment for our CAREGivers.
- You must have a focus on self-development to always be improving the service and your impact within it.
- The following areas must also be demonstrated at interview:
- Undertaking consultations with new Clients
- Creating Individual, person centred Care Plan
- Lead Client service reviews ensuring care is always relationship led
- Ability to maintain the quality control system
- Ability to effectively supervise a dispersed workforce
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Due to the need to support the On-Call function, which may require you to support team members out in the field in emergency situations, and also the requirement to travel throughout the community to conduct new client assessments, you should have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
This role will play a vital part in ensuring that our clients receive the highest quality care and will make a real difference for the older people we work with. We offer an attractive salary and a fantastic career development opportunity. If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
What we offer:
- 28 Days holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Funded qualifications for career progression
- Monthly staff recognition awards
- Annual Salary Review
- Retail discounts
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience and qualifications