Keep our operations seamless
On Call Supervisor - Guaranteed Hours
Home Instead Senior Care is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. We match our CAREGivers to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build bonds of trust and enables us to provide personalised support.
We're a small, family-run care company based in Letchworth looking for experienced, reliable carers to help us with out-of-hours cover. If you're someone with experience in the care sector looking for a company that genuinely cares and wants to see you do great things, this could be the ideal role for you!
Working on an every-other-week basis, you would be responsible for answering queries over the phone and helping cover sickness where necessary.
Being a small company, our on call is generally quiet but the responsibilities include:
- Assisting office staff on a Tuesday 9 - 5
- Taking phone calls from CAREGivers and clients
- Checking CAREGivers have arrived to their calls using our online booking system
- Covering sickness calls with alternative CAREGivers
- Picking up occasional calls if unable to cover with alternative CAREGivers
Our on call staff have a member of the office as back-up on call to answer any questions and feed back to the office team where necessary.
- Paid retention fee plus care calls
- Double pay on bank holidays
- Great office support including a back up on call team member
- Paid mileage
- Holiday pay
- Full training and support with a friendly team
- Work from home
- Guaranteed 20 hours
Every other week:
Monday - Friday: 6:30 am - 8:30 am and 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 6:30 am - 10:00 pm
- Minimum 2 years experience in care including experience of on call
- Strong communication skills
- Full UK driving licence and access to own vehicle
- Enhanced Adult DBS check (can be applied for through us)
- NVQ Level 3
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.