Evening & Weekend Supervisor
Training, career development, excellent benefits
At Home Instead St Albans we provide Outstanding rated non-medical care and companionship services for older people within our local community. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation, we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide.
Our mission is to be the trusted care provider of choice in our community. To support our clients & CAREGivers throughout their Home Instead journey, and for every member of our team to feel valued and appreciated every day.
The Evening & Weekend Care Supervisor will ensure that our clients receive the appropriate support and a high-quality service outside of standard office hours and to support our evening and weekend staff and so will require someone to be available from 5pm till 10pm Monday to Friday and alternate weekends.
· The successful individual will conduct:
- staff supervisions
- client QA’s
- client reviews and action these accordingly.
- client and CAREGiver introductions
- CAREGiver observations, e.g., first personal care, medication, catheter, etc.
· Maintain accurate client and CAREGiver records on Home Instead systems
· Build and maintain positive relationships with existing clients, their families and other professionals involved in their care.
· Support and mentor CAREGivers.
· Provide support to the Client Experience team.
· Maintain regular contact with clients and CAREGivers.
· Participate in on-call duties as required.
· Carry out any other duties as directed by your line manager necessary for the successful operation of the business.
· Level 3 NVQ in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
· Experience in the care sector delivering a wide range of personal care services.
· Experience of working with MAR sheets and medication in a supervisory role.
· Passion for delivering the highest quality care to our clients and helping them to live independently and happily in their own homes.
· Knowledge and understanding of legislation and regulations specific to Health and Social Care.
· Good communication skills with the ability to build rapport quickly.
· Must be confident to use care management technology including providing support and training to CAREGivers.
· Must understand the importance of confidentiality working within current legislation.
· Good working knowledge of IT systems with experience of Microsoft Office or Google Suite and virtual communication platforms with the aptitude to learn and adopt new technologies and software where appropriate.
· Must have full driving license and means of transport, with appropriate insurance, if required to visit clients.
· Be organised and flexible to meet the needs of the business.
Reference ID: E&WEOct21/FH
Expected start date: 01/11/2021
We follow all guidance given by PHE to ensure our staff and clients are safe.
1 year Care experience
Excellent communication skills
Health & Social Care Qualification
Applicants will need to be living within 6 miles of St Albans and hold a full UK drivers licence and have their own vehicle.
This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.
Due to Government regulations, CAREGivers will need to be vaccinated or intend to be vaccinated prior to the 1st of April 2022 unless medically exempt.