Enhanced holiday, access to company holiday home
Home Instead Scarborough & Ryedale was launched in 2020. We provide a service that gives older people and their families the choice to stay at home, living as independently as possible. We are a family owned business providing the standard of care and support to older people that you would want for your own family. We're part of a franchise network and we are the sister company of Home Instead York so there's plenty of support for the team at Home Instead Scarborough & Ryedale.
The role of Care Co-ordinator is all about making sure the right people are in the right place at the right time. In other words you will be responsible for matching our CAREGivers to clients so that we provide an excellent service at the times our clients want it AND we have a team of happy CAREGivers whose series of client visits are well thought out with travel minimised.
All of our client visits last at least 1 hour and we aim to provide continuity and consistency for our clients i.e. the same regular CAREGivers supporting them. That is key to maintaining our high standards.
As we are a relatively new office in Scarborough & Ryedale, your role will incorporate some additional administration duties that are all about monitoring our quality of service, supporting our CAREGivers and responding to calls and visitors who want to find out more about Home Instead.
You must be:
- Friendly, approachable and professional
- Experienced with Computers and able to navigate new systems quickly and efficiently
- An excellent communicator
- A team player
- Ambitious and looking to grow with the company
Your role incudes:
- Administrative duties
- Liaising with CAREGivers, Clients, the office team and healthcare professionals on a daily basis
- Keeping records up to date on our system
- Holding regular meetings with CAREGivers
- Reporting to the Care Manager and attending weekly meetings
- Assisting the Care Manager with the processing of new Clients and CAREGivers applications
- Providing a quality service to clients.
- Helping to manage the CAREGiver team and participate in quarterly CAREGiver meetings
- Taking part in a rota to be on call out of hours on weekdays and being part of the team covering on call for our Weekend Support Co-ordinator (whose role covers on call at weekends) for the weekends they are on holiday
- You will need to have extremely good interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to problem solve while working under pressure in a busy environment providing ‘superior’ customer service.
- You will have experience in delivering or managing /coordinating service delivery through utilising scheduling technologies whilst having exceptional organisational skills; are a multi-tasker and able to communicative both written and verbally.
- High levels of computer literacy using bespoke software systems backed up with strong Word and Excel skills
- A confident, ‘can do’ attitude with a genuine enthusiasm for working in a busy, deadline driven team environment
- A professional telephone manner; a smiling personality and empathy for others
- An outstanding eye for detail and a ‘right first time’ attitude
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise conflicting deadlines effectively.
- The ability to make friends and influence people.
- To have pride in your work; the want to work ‘above and beyond’ and have high standards of commitment and achievement as well as a continuous desire for improvement, both personally and organisationally.
Home Instead are committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply.