Being a CAREGiver
Welcome to the Home Instead family!
When you join Home Instead, you will hear a lot about the 'Mum test', this means we only want to hire CAREGivers that we would want taking care of our own family.
Each CAREGiver is carefully selected, not for their CV or their experience (though sometimes a little experience helps) but rather for who they are.
Could you pass the mum test? Are you kind and caring? Do you want something more than just a job?
Could you make a difference in an elderly persons life?
If the answer is yes, the chances are you could make a fantastic CAREGiver.
We support our clients so that they can remain independent where they are happiest, in their own homes. As a CAREGiver you will support your clients in their day- to -day life; whether that is making the perfect cup of tea in the morning, accompanying them on a shopping trip or supporting them so that they feel safe getting into the shower, the possibilities are as varied as the people you support. What sets us apart is that we understand the vital importance of companionship in our elderly clients lives.
As a CAREGiver you will enjoy -
- Minimum of one hour visits, so you have time to care
- You will be matched to ongoing clients in your local area so that you can form meaningful relationships
- You will always be introduced to every new client that you work with
- You will receive above an exceptional rate of pay, including higher rates for evenings and weekends and double pay on bank holidays.
- As well as paid mileage, annual paid holiday, pension and other incentives.
- Free initial training as well as continuous opportunities to learn including QCFs in Health and Social Care and specialist Dementia training.
This is a family run business that cares for its clients but also cares for its staff, where every member of the team is valued.
All CAREGiver roles are part time. How many hours, that depends on when you are available but that must include some time every other weekend.
My mum has used Home Instead since October 2016 and received a consistently superb service from caregivers and office staff. Carers are unfailingly kind, caring, punctual, regular and professional.Mrs K. Daughter of clients. Redditch
My dad was unfortunately in hospital over three months and needed carer support to enable him to return home. We had no hesitation in asking Home Instead to provide his care. His discharge from hospital in January 2018 was extremely stressful and precarious and I was exhausted. His senior caregiver was exceptional in dealing with all the problems resulting in my dad successfully settling back at home.
Home Instead have exceeded all my hopes and expectations regarding care for my parents. Staff have consistently worked in partnership with me. They have massively reduced my stress.