This recipe takes 10 minutes to prepare and 25-30 minutes to cook. It makes 2 servings.
Suitable for: Diabetic.
Allergen information: Milk and fish.
Cooking information: 200°C, 180°C fan, Gas 6
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 2.5cm chunks
- 1 tbsp butter
- 200g can sweetcorn, drained
- 200g mixed fish fillets or fish pie mix
- 200ml tub full fat crème fraiche
- ½ tbsp cornflour
- 25g cheddar cheese, grated
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Freshly ground salt and black pepper
To make the Quick and Easy Fish Pie
1. Preheat the oven to 200°c, (180°c fan) or Gas Mark 6.
2. Put the potatoes in a pan, cover with boiling water, bring back to the boil and cook for 8-10 minutes until tender.
3. Drain the potatoes through a colander then return to the pan. Add the butter and roughly mash with a potato masher.
4. Put the sweetcorn in the base of an ovenproof dish and top with the fish pieces.
5. Mix the crème fraiche and cornflour together, season lightly with salt and pepper and pour over the fish and sweetcorn.
6. Top with the mashed potato, then sprinkle with the grated cheese and black pepper.
7. Arrange the tomatoes on top and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the top is golden and the sauce is bubbling.
- Frozen fish is a perfect standby ingredient and works well in this recipe. It is best if it’s defrosted first and any excess liquid drained off.
- You could add chopped parsley to the crème fraiche mixture or replace the sweetcorn with peas.
Nutrition: per serving
Kcal - 850; Fat - 53g; Saturates - 34.5g; Carbs - 52.2g; Sugars - 12.1g; Fibre - 6.6g; Protein - 44.7g; Salt - 0.52g