Service Planning Supervisor
Home Instead Senior Care is the world's leading provider of home care for the elderly. The Oldham and Saddleworth office has been rated as Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). We offer a high quality, trusted service which promotes the independence of our clients and allows them to remain in their own homes for as long as possible.
Effectively plan and coordinate all new service visit requirements and new CAREGiver rotas, reporting to the Care Manager.
To provide key advice to the Scheduler, Communications Officer, Care Team and Recruiter on the day to day requirements of the schedules.
- Oversee the general operational efficiency of the client and CAREGiver schedules, providing advice and support to the scheduler and communications officer.
- Provide cover for the Scheduler and Communications Officer during annual leave.
- Supervise the general operational running of the main office.
- Prepare a staffing and scheduling plan for the Client Service Manager in response to new client enquiries.
- Liaise with the Recruitment Officer gathering key profile information on new CAREGivers and plan for their employment start and schedule.
- Liaise with the care team regarding existing service increases and propose scheduling plans in accordance with capacity.
- Match CAREGivers to new clients in conjunction with Care Team and liaise with the Client Service Manager with regards to introductions.
- Ensure client schedules are matched to caregivers considering the following: travel time, capacity, contracts, consistency and client needs.
- Strive to achieve continuity of CAREGiver to each service considering the client service hours to number of CAREGiver ratio.
- Regularly review call time capacity and availability, providing analysis or areas of recruitment need.
- Assist the scheduler in providing advice on scheduling plans for unforeseen challenges such as: CAREGiver resignations, client / CAREGiver relationship breakdowns, sickness
- Provide information to the Communications Officer regarding service changes and introductions.
- Develop excellent relationships with both clients and CAREGivers so both can enjoy positive experiences.
- Work with the Recruitment Team to ensure sufficient current and future staffing levels are met.
- Work with the Care Team to ensure new and existing care packages can be resourced and scheduled on a timely basis.
- Add and maintain all client and CAREGiver information onto to the electronic scheduling system.
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business.
- Ensure compliance with Home Instead’s Equality, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, in respect of employment and service delivery.
What we are looking for the following Essential Criteria:
- Experience of working in a planning / scheduling role within a home care or other relevant environment such as logistics.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems with experience of Microsoft Office or Google Suite and CRM software with the ability to learn and adopt new technologies where appropriate.
- Highly resilient and positive with excellent communications skills.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills with the ability to work calmly and accurately under pressure.
- Ability to forward plan
- Confident and effective problem solver
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport quickly.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent working memory
- Logical and analytical with the ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines.
- Good standard of oral and written English
- Ability to follow instructions and local policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Care Standards
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Must present a warm and friendly manner
- A full driving licence
- Willingness to take part in out of hours ‘on call’ on a rota basis
Teamwork & Collaboration
Communication & Relationship Management
Living Home Instead
Role Specific Competencies
Adapting to Change
Planning & Organising
This document describes the general nature and level of work for the position. It is not a comprehensive list of its responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts and conditions. Your employer reserves the right to modify the description in the future with or without notice. The responsibilities for this position are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to a Criminal Records check at the appropriate level.