Tuning up ready for BBC Music Day!
Home Instead Senior Care offices are tuning up ready for this year’s BBC Music Day on Thursday September 26th.
As an official supporter of the day, Home Instead is proud to be working collaboratively with BBC to help bring music to everyone living with dementia
in the UK by 2020, using the music day as a platform.
Across the country, there will be numerous musically inspired events run by Home Instead offices both during the week and on the day itself.
Home Instead Senior Care St Albans
· Big Musical Singalong at dementia café (10.30-12.30pm)
· Venue: St Mary’s Church Sherwood Avenue, St Albans
Home Instead Senior Care Southampton
· Singing and dancing at Memory café featuring jazz band Phoenix (2-4pm)
· Venue: Warsash United Reformed Church, 55 Warsash Road, Warsash, SO31 9HW
Home Instead Senior Care Southport
· Let's get Southport to Sing & Dance for Dementia – join Southport college HND students, Holy Trinity primary school students and more surprise performers. (1-3pm)
· Venue: Chapel Street, Southport
Home Instead Senior Care Wimbledon & Kingston
· Love to Sing - sharing musical memories. This weekly singing session will be celebrating BBC Music Day - a chance to share memories and love of songs. (10.45am - 12.30pm)
· Venue: Lantern Arts Centre, Toverline Road, Raynes Park, SW20 8RA
Home Instead Senior Care East Herts & Uttlesford
· Music and wellbeing - a singing session in conjunction with Herts Musical Memories with tea and refreshments (2-4pm)
· Venue: Rhodes Arts Complex, 1-3 South Rd, Bishop's Stortford CM23 3JG
Home Instead Senior Care Sutton Coldfield
· Musical Memories - CAREGivers and singers in our community will put on a performance in the town centre. (10am-3pm)
· Venue: The Gracechurch Shopping Centre, Sutton Coldfield.
Home Instead Senior Care Chichester & Bognor Regis
· Music and memories social event offering fun and support to those in later life, and respite to carers and families. (2-4pm)
· Venue: New Park Centre, Chichester PO19 7XY
You can search the #BBCMusicDay and #dementia on social media to follow the events on social media.
We’re proud to be one of around 70 organisations supporting BBC Music Day. Music has such a profound impact on older people and in the care setting.
On the day, BBC will be launching more music on its Music Memories website to helps people create a playlist of personally meaningful music.