Home Instead Senior Care is proud to be the only homecare provider to hold a fabulous 5 Outstanding Ratings from the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
We’re thrilled to celebrate our latest Outstanding achieved by Jo and Richard Aram, our East Nottingham and Melton Mowbray owners who opened their business four years ago.
Holding 5 Outstanding Ratings from the CQC – the highest rating possible in its new Ofsted style system - pays testimony to the realisation of our mission: to change the face of ageing.
Our five star approach to care and companionship represents care that passes the ‘Mum Test’ -the quality of care you would want for yourself or your own loved one.
The Care Quality Commission’s (CQC) Chief Inspector of Adult Social Care, Andrea Sutcliffe, said: “I am delighted Home Instead Senior Care has achieved a fifth outstanding rating following our recent inspection at its Nottinghamshire branch.
“We have rightly set the bar high for services to be rated Outstanding. It is good to see excellent leaders at Home Instead who value and care for their staff and focus on a truly person-centred approach meeting that high standard and providing great care for the people they support.
“Everyone deserves to experience care that we'd all be happy for any of our loved ones to receive and I wish Home Instead all the very bst in continuing to make the ‘Mum Test’ real.”
When Richard decided to hang up his wings after 15 years flying as cabin crew with British Airway’s world-wide fleet - he set his heart on starting a business that was grounded in his local community.
After flying all over the globe, the Nottinghamshire father-of-two wanted a new career that was a little closer to home instead – one where he felt he could make a real difference to society at the same time.
Joined by his wife Jo, mum to their young twins, the couple opened Home Instead East Nottingham and Melton Mowbray in 2012.
Four years on, they help 90 older people continue to live in the comfort and familiarity of their own homes.
As a local employer, Richard and Jo have recruited 65 CAREGivers into their business - employees who are proud to deliver care that passes the ‘Mum Test’ every day.
Their CQC report is packed with glowing comments about the quality and standard of the care service Home Instead delivers to its clients and reflects the peace of mind that its trusted care provision gives to family members.
· “I couldn’t wish for more caring carers.”
· “They are very polite and respectful. Everything about them is immaculate. Their manners towards us are impeccable.”
· “They definitely treat us with respect, they are aware it is our home.”
· “There aren’t the words I can express for the whole outfit, they are superb.”
Their CAREGivers spoke equally highly to CQC inspectors about the way they are looked after and valued for their contribution to quality care provision.
· “It is a pleasure to work here. It doesn’t feel like a job, I go out and do some good then go home with a smile on my face.”
· “Genuinely we have a caring approach, you can’t be a caring company without caring for each other.”
· “A brilliant firm to work for, they not only support the client but support the caregivers too.”
Said Richard: “My time in the skies with British Airways taught me what excellent customer service looks like. You have to put people first, pure and simple, and then there’s a ripple effect of trust.
“When we started our homecare company, Jo and I adopted this ethos from day one. We care about quality of life and dignity for our elderly clients. We care about their families in turn, they have to be able to have the peace of mind to know that their loved ones are in safe hands.
“We don’t believe homecare should be rationed in short visits. That’s why our person-centred care visits last a minimum of one hour, to allow the time to care.”
Jo added: “We’re thrilled to become the first homecare provider in Nottinghamshire and Leicestershire to receive an Outstanding Rating from the CQC. Getting the highest rating possible is due to the dedication of our CAREGivers. Richard and I dedicate this Outstanding Rating to them as our mark of respect, we couldn’t have done this without their commitment.”
Home Instead Senior Care’s Outstanding Ratings timeline:
1) Jan 2015: West Lancashire and Chorley Gail and Robert Godson
2) February 2016: Wimbledon and Kingston Clare Jefferies
3) February 2016: Durham Trudi Jameson
4) May 2016: Exeter and East Devon Mark and Vanessa McGlade
5) July 2016: East Nottingham and Melton Mowbray Richard and Jo Aram