Find yourself wondering what care from Home Instead is really like? Here are some of the comments made by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) who rated us overall Outstanding (find the full report at http://goo.gl/Bvd7ek)
- People spoke highly of the quality of care provided by the caregivers. They said they trusted the caregivers to have the skills to keep them safe. People had positive relationships with their caregivers and were confident in the service. There was a strong emphasis on the key principles of care such as compassion, respect and dignity. Nobody expressed any concerns about any of the care provided. People received their medicines on time and in a safe way.
- People who used the service felt they were treated with kindness and said their privacy and dignity was always respected and had developed strong relationships with their caregivers. Everyone said their caregivers treated them respectfully and kindly and took extra time to make sure their needs were met.
- All caregivers said they were fully supported and valued by the registered manager, providers and the office team. They spoke positively about communication and how the management team worked well with them, encouraged team working and an open culture.
- The leadership and management of the service was outstanding.
- There was a well organised office team that had clear roles.
- The management team promoted strong values and a person centred culture.
- Caregivers were proud to work for the service and had a good understanding of the values of the service. People, families and caregivers views and suggestions were taken into account to improve the service.
- People said they had not experienced any missed visits and received a schedule every two weeks informing them which caregivers would be visiting. One person said, 'The staff always turn up as they are supposed to at the time they are meant to. I find the visits are very helpful. The caregivers are very kind and considerate and understanding of my needs.'
- Where clients were supported with their medicines they were managed in a safe way. People received varying levels of caregivers support when taking their medicines. For example, from prompting through to administration.
- Caregivers were motivated and inspired to offer care that was kind and compassionate.
- There was good communication between the providers and people using the service.
- Caregivers showed concern for people's wellbeing in a caring and meaningful way and responded to their needs quickly.
- Caregiver's relationships with people were strong, caring and supportive.
- People received personalised care and support specific to their needs and preferences. One person's comments reflected others views. They said, 'Home Instead provides me with an exceptional support network. They go above and beyond what I need, offering friendly aid, always with a smile. Whatever I need the support given from the caregiver is exceptional. I look forward to their visits as they always manage to brighten up a dreary day and make me feel a good level of importance. Their support is uplifting and greatly important at this time to my wellbeing.'
- Health professionals said they felt the service was responsive to people's needs. Comments included, 'I have recommended Home Instead to my family. I have always found them responsive and act on professional's advice. Any of the people I see who have care from this agency are very well cared for and as health care professionals our numbers of visits to a complex situation has decreased due to their support.'; 'All I can say from my dealings with this agency is that I have always found them to be first rate including being very attentive and responsive to the client's needs and requirements.'; 'We have used Home Instead on a number of occasions and find them to be professional but more importantly flexible and everyone we have met has shown passion for later life care and empathy.'
In addition we are delighted to share the results of Smith & Henderson's independent survey which was carried out to determine the Exeter and East Devon's Client and CAREGiver satisfaction. Following annonymous feedback from both our Clients and staff we were thrilled to receive results such as:
97% of our clients would recommend Home Instead Senior Care to others
100% of clients said their CAREGiver takes an interest in them as a person
97% of clients rated the service as good or excellent
97% of clients said their CAREGiver was properly introduced to them before they started working
100% of CAREGivers rate their initial training and support as good or excellent
98% of CAREGivers view the company's leadership and direction as good or excellent
100% of CAREGivers rate overall satisfaction with their job as good or excellent
100% of CAREGivers believe the Directors and Care Manager live Home Instead values
100% of CAREGivers would recommend Home Instead to a friend or family member as a place to work
Some of the Client comments made in the survey included:
'Communication is good.'
'Office staff are professional and kind.'
'The communication between the office staff, myself and my family has been excellent, always dealt with in a friendly and professional manner.'
'I can relax confident in the knowledge the CAREGivers and office staff will deal with situations as they arise.'
'CAREGivers receive very good training prior to commencing duties. Each one has been most kind, patient and cheerful often in difficult circumstances.'
Some of the CAREGiver comments made in the survey included:
'Great training, very well explained, good support, good values, opportunity to ask questions, feel valued as a team member, company is professional, most efficiently run I have seen in over 20 years in care.'
'I really can't see how they can improve the way they work as they are excellent.'
'I feel that Home Instead Senior Care have got everything running very well and 100% for support.'
'The training I have received from Home Instead has helped me to work well in the community and feel confident in my role as a CAREGiver.'
We find that the CAREgiver is extremely considerate and caring and will fit in with our requirements as needed. We feel Home Instead is efficiently run and everything runs like clockwork!Client in Sidbury