- Struggling to remember recent events
- Finding it hard to follow conversations or programmes on TV
- Forgetting the names of friends or everyday objects
- Unable to recall things that have been heard, seen or read
- Repetition or losing the thread in conversations
- Problems with thinking and reasoning
- Feelings of anxiety, depression or anger at forgetfulness
- Feeling confused even when in a familiar environment
We have had a number of calls from worried families over the last couple of weeks. While visiting mum or dad over Christmas, they have noticed one or more of the above symptoms and have been keen to get some support for the times when they can't be there.
After speaking to us, families have been reassured that we carefully match CAREGiver and client so a trusting relationship can develop, that our visits are at least 1 hour, so never hurried and we arrive on time. We can assist with a variety of daily activities from companionship, help with medication, light housework and meal preparation to personal care and specialised dementia care.
If you would like more information about the services provided by Home Instead Senior Care and why we are different and how we could help you, please call the office on 0191 374 4041
(The above facts taken from the book Confidence to Care by Molly Carpenter, published by Home Instead Press)