We currently have 1 vacancy in Charnwood, Loughborough and Coalville.
Find Out More
We’re looking for people with the personality and passion to build great relationships with our clients
Our clients trust us. They will rely on you to listen carefully to what they need, take an interest in them and deliver excellent care. If you enjoy interacting with older individuals and want to pursue an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others, caregiving might be the career for you.
The central and most important part of a CAREGiving role with Home Instead is offering companionship and conversation. Each of our CAREGivers is matched to a client based on mutual interests and hobbies to encourage a strong relationship to develop.
We believe you need this understanding and bond to be able to care for someone as if they were a member of your own family. Indeed, many of our CAREGivers do not have formal experience of working as a carer before they join our team, but have looked after a family member and want to make a difference to an older person’s life by using the experience they have gained.
Our service is companionship led and so a considerable responsibility of a CAREGiver is to stimulate and encourage the client through a range of different activities that sustain or improve their quality of life. A CAREGiver’s responsibilities can also include accompanying clients to appointments and social events, light housekeeping, planning and preparing meals and helping with daily living routines.
We are looking for friendly, kind, compassionate people who like to spend time with older people and build a friendly but professional relationship. Therefore we don’t believe in onerous application forms, we prefer to meet face to face for a chat to make sure you match our values and most importantly for you to see what Home Instead is all about. Don’t worry if you don’t have sector experience, we have extensive training and on-going development opportunities that will enable to you deliver our special brand of relationship-led care.
What we will give you:
- Working hours to suit your needs around other commitments you may have
- A 3 day specialized learning assessment program as part of our recruitment process on how to become a Home Instead CareGiver
- Investment in you as a person and any additional training or qualifications you may wish to carry out
- An hourly wage reflective of the important role you do considerably higher than the minimum wage. Starting at £8.50 Mon-Fri and £9.50 Sat/Sun increasing to £9.25 in April 2018 Mon-Fri and £10 Sat/Sun
- Weekly and monthly support groups and a dedicated manager offering you support along the way
- Most importantly the chance to feel apart of the growing network of CAREGivers that really do care
What we need from you:
- Your full name and details sent to the below email address and we will send you an application form
- If you were one of the successful few to join our outstanding and growing team you would need to complete a new transferable DBS check at your cost (we can do this together)
- The right car insurance – this is really simple and in our experience this should cost no more than a £25.00 one off admin charge – you shouldn’t need to add any more miles as we try to match your clients to be as close as possible to where you live.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £8.50 to £19.00 /hour
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- Do you have the following licence or certification: Driving License?
"May I say that it's really nice to know that we are welcome to pop into the office spontaneously for a cuppa and chat if/when passing.
I don't use Facebook but would like to express that my experience's with Home Instead Charnwood have been so positive, professional and welcoming. It makes a real difference when representing a company that as CAREGivers we feel supported and that staff have the same or similar values. I'm sure that the business will continue to go from strength to strength."Sally-Ann Freer - CAREGiver