Getting Help When Returning Home
Even if you are planning on being there when your family member returns home, there may be some aspects of their recovery plan that you might need help with. Home Instead Blackpool and Wyre can help with many of the critical post-discharge care needs that will help lead your loved one to a full and complete recovery.
- Discharge coordination and execution—Home Instead CAREGivers will work with the hospital discharge planning staff to develop a detailed plan of care and instructions that will be used by family and other home caregivers to make sure you have a plan to help ensure a successful recovery.
- Medication management—Home Instead CAREGivers will work with you and/or your loved one to help them organize and track their pills and other medications to make sure that they are taken as directed and to help prevent adverse effects.
- Follow-up —Home Instead CAREGivers can make sure your loved one keeps track of and attends follow-up appointments including providing or arranging for his or her transportation to the visits.
- Nutrition management—Home Instead CAREGivers can assist with meal planning, shopping and preparation to ensure that your loved one is getting wholesome, healthy foods and plenty of hydration that will assist him or her with recovery.
- Warning sign monitoring and notification—Home Instead CAREGivers are familiar with and trained to watch for warning signs and take appropriate action to help prevent complications and re-admissions.
- Record keeping—Home Instead CAREGivers are also trained to track specific data on your loved one's progress to share with his or her medical providers. This is important for both tracking progress and to help update, if necessary, the original discharge plan of care.
Returning home from the hospital can be a wonderful time for your loved one. Seeking help from Home Instead CAREGivers with at home care can mean less stress for you and an easier transition to full recovery for them.
Free online tutorials for you
A version of our CAREGiver training is available for everyone.Click HERE to go to our FREE online training programme
Tara and the Home Instead team have been supporting both myself and my Husband who has dementia for some months now and I couldn't have done it without them. They have been here every step of the way, now his needes have changed they have organised support with the social worker along with finding him local community groups and day centres to attend giving me the chance for a breakMrs W, Thornton