Owner - Andrew Van Parys
Before opening Home Instead Senior Care Harrogate, Ripon and Thirsk owner Andrew worked as a Senior Manager for a large FTSE top-10 company gaining extensive experience in all aspects of customer and service delivery to an exceptional high standard. He was attracted to the ethos of Home Instead after seeing how Home Instead can make a real difference to people’s lives in their own homes, as well as providing employment opportunities in the community. His role is to build relationships with local providers and organisations; look for opportunities for Home Instead to contribute to the local community and to manage the business side of the operation.
Owner - Sheena Van Parys
Sheena worked as a facilities manager for 10 years prior to taking a career break to have a family. Like many of her generation she faced the dilemma of looking after her own children whilst coping with the increasing demands of supporting her parents as they grow older.
Sheena's mother lived with Alzheimer's and required daily support from a team of carers. This experience was the driving force behind her decision to open a Home Instead Senior Care office of her own.
Sheena balances her family life and her responsibilities in the business for marketing and finance alongside a number of voluntary positions she has maintained with local community groups.
Andrew and Sheena have 3 young children so understand how difficult it can be for family members who have to work or raise their own family but also have a loved one who needs support and care throughout the day.
Head of Care - Pet Fowler Watts MBE
Pet is the proud recipient of an MBE for her services to care whilst she was Matron/ Manager for the Royal British Legion home, Lister House in Ripon. Pet managed the home for 13 years during which time she oversaw a successful refurbishment and development of the day care centre, Dementia unit and Young Physically Disabled unit.
Before she left the Royal British Legion, Pet oversaw the final stages of a £7 million project at Halsey House in Cromer, Norfolk.
Pet brings with her a wealth of experience and specialism especially in the field of dementia which she is passionate about.
Care Coordinator- Sarah Crawford-Evans
Sarah joined our rapidly expanding team in 2011. She coordinates and maintains schedules for our clients and CAREGivers, focusing on their consistency, compatibility and continuity. Her role is key in ensuring both Clients and CAREGivers are happy with the service. Sarah also carries out introduction calls, this enables the CAREGiver to build up a clear understanding of the clients background, activities they enjoy and what support they would like from their CAREGiver when they are together. This ensures the smooth beginning of a relationship, one of trust and honesty between client and CAREGiver. Sarah lives in Harrogate and has worked in the care sector for over 20 years, and has a varied, vast knowledge of care. Sarah possesses a BTEC Diploma in Health & Social Care, NVQ3 in Promoting Independence and City & Guilds Family & Community Care.
Recruitment & Retention Coordinator - Shelley Hamilton
I am the first point of contact for prosepective new CAREGivers. responsible for the recruitment of new staff and the retention of our existing CAREGivers. These are exciting times for me as I help to develop our CAREGiver team and look at ways to repay our CAREGivers for the dedication that they give to our clients.
I love hearing the personal stories that brought our CAREGivers to us, they are very passionate about what they do. I am very proud to be part of such a close, strong team. My work involves completing the paperwork involved in the recruitment process, ensuring everyone is thoroughly reference checked and assisting with the delivery of our initial induction training. I also work in the community to recruit that special someone so if you see me please do say hi!
Staff Coordinator - Corrina Rose
Corrina is responsible for matching our clients with a suitable CAREGiver and ensuring that all our visits to our clients go to plan.
Corinna has her NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care and is well on her way to her Level 3. Corinna is also a qualified instructor in the Safe Moving and Handling of people helping to ensure that out training is carried out to the highest standards.
Admin Assistant - Elizabeth Parker
Elizabeth lives in a village between Harrogate and Ripon. She joined Home Instead Senior Care in November 2010 as a CAREGiver, quickly taking up the position of Administrator in our busy office as well as continuing with her CAREGiver duties supporting her regular Clients. Her duties include keeping on top of the inevitable mountains of paperwork, helping with last minute care work, conducting client introductions, providing holiday cover and shadowing new members of staff.
We have a fantastic team of committed, professional, reliable and compassionate CAREGivers. Many of our team draw on their own past personal experiences to encourage, assist, and stimulate our clients over a wide range of daily activities that help improve their quality of life and help them maintain as much independence as possible.
We are always looking for people with these qualities to join our ever expanding team. If you would like to enquire about becoming a Caregiver please call the office on:-
01423 774490 (Harrogate)
01765 530400 (Ripon)
01845 440510 (Thirsk)
Ripley - Therapy Dog (trainee)
Hello, my name is Ripley. I am a Border Collie and I work at Home Instead Senior Care.
I spend most of my days in the office where I get to meet all the wonderful CAREGivers who work here. I get lots of walks and tummy tickles. At night I go home with Andrew & Sheena who adopted me from a rescue centre when I was 8 months old.
I am currently attending obedience classes and hope soon to graduate with my Kennel Club Good Citizen Bronze Award. I will then go on to do my Silver & Gold. After that I plan to take my Level 1 Therapy Dog training with the Society for Companion Animal Studies.
My hobbies include chasing footballs, jumping in puddles & catching balls.
Welcome to Home Instead Harrogate, Ripon and Thirsk, providing home care services in your area.
|Our Care Services|
|Request Home Care Services|
|What People Say About Us|
|Employment Enquiry Form|
|Being A CAREGiver|
- Local Organisations Team Up For Carers Week
- Thirsk Recruitment Open Day
- Harrogate and Hambleton District dementia workshops hailed as invaluable
- Local organisations team up for Carers Week
- Local Home Care Company Cares about the Future
- Caring Company Spins Some Tunes
- Alzheimer's Disease or Other Dementias - Educational Workshops
- Local care company celebrates 3rd birthday with 45 new jobs
- Spring Delivery From Local Home Care Company
- Home Instead Lend A Hand On Dignity Action Day
- Local Caring Company Cares About Breakfast
- Community becomes a Santa to Seniors
- Thirsk Organisations Serve Up Christmas Dinner
- Home Instead For Christmas
- Local Home Care Company Runs For A Good Claus
- Local Home Care Company Gets Crafty
- Home Instead Senior Care joins forces to support Age UK North Yorkshire
- Be A Santa To A Senior
- Thirsk Home Care Company engages with ‘Older People’s Day’
- Recent Which? report adds to calls for reform in social care
- Carers' Resource New Business Initiative Helps Ripon Carers
- Home Instead create 250 jobs in North Yorkshire
- Harrogate Home Care Company helps to “Boost Your Bones”
- Launch of new local dementia support service
- Caring company puts fruit on the menu
- Home Care Company hops to it and delivers seasonal treats
- Local Home Care Company celebrates in style
- Home Care Company falls for Age UK campaign in Knaresborough
- Local Care Company offers more
- Harrogate Care Company has time for ‘Dignity Action Day’
- Local Businesses Care About Breakfast
- New Year means 40 new caring jobs
- Home Care Company Delivers Seasonal Treats
- Thirsk Home Care company makes a toast
- Local Organisations Team Up To Serve Christmas Dinner
- Local businessmen get hairy to raise awareness for men's health
- Local Home Care Provider Welcomes EHRC Inquiry
- Home care company backs government scheme to fight Dementia
- Carers get knitting for a good cause
- Home Instead reaches care award final
- MP praises team as he opens new offices
- Home Instead Senior Care Harrogate advises elderly residents to “Watch Their Step”
- Home Instead Senior Care in Thirsk advises elderly residents to “Watch Their Step”
- Deborah joins the Home Instead team
- Carers bake to take action on elder abuse
- Thirsk residents receive a meal with a side of music
- Local Care Company gets fruity
- Home Instead Senior Care raises £300 with an amble for arthritis
- Caregivers ‘hop to it’ for Easter
- Caregivers help 102 year old to celebrate in style
- Local group raises money “on your bike” for charity
- Home Instead Lend A Hand On ‘Dignity Action Day’
- You can’t beat a breakfast
- Local organisations team up
- Snow go for Home Instead
- A Christmas tree forest for Thirsk
- Care Company has Sunday ‘Launch’ with the locals
- Two local care companies nominated for regional care awards!
- Home Instead team completes the Harrogate Memory Walk
- Care Givers go on Walkabout for ‘Falls Awareness Week’
- Baking-mad care team raise money for charity
- Healthcare regulator gives thumbs up to new at-home care company
- Home Instead supports Hospice Business Club
To you, it's about finding trustworthy care for your ageing loved one. To us, it's about providing the highest-quality home care services to fit you and your family's needs.