Zarah Barter - Office Administrator
Hello, I'm Zarah. I joined Home Instead as a CAREGiver and in January 2016 I was successfully appointed as a member of the office support team in the role of Office Administrator. What I really like about this job is the variety of day to day activities and the fact that I'm able to support both clients and CAREGivers with their enquiries whilst also working with the office team. Being part of Home Instead really feels like being part of a family. At home I have two lovely daughters and two dogs which keep me on my toes!
Amanda Hamer - Owner
Gloucestershire is such a beautiful county and I feel incredibly proud to have opened our Home Instead Senior Care office just outside Cheltenham. My twins were born in Cheltenham (a boy and a girl!) and go to school there, and we live not far away near Cirencester.
I have had a wonderful career, holding a number of Local Authority posts before becoming a corporate director here in Gloucestershire. I've been responsible for everything from customer service to community development, business improvement to staff training and I've learned a lot about what matters to local communities and older people. I was inspired by my sister and my sister-in-law to become involved in the care sector, both of whom work with older people. Home Instead Senior Care means I can have a real impact on the day to day quality of people's lives. It means I can provide the very best level of service on a completely personalised basis, which is exactly what I would want for my own mum or anyone else in my own family. If we can help you or your family with the highest quality care at home, please contact me.
Michelle Keeble-Hawkes - Care Manager
Hello, I'm Michelle and I am 39 years of age. I have been managing care services for more than 10 years and first got involved in care when I was 16. I have worked with many different service users, the youngest being 7 years of age and the oldest being 99 years of age. During this period I have experienced many highs and lows, one of the best highs being husky sledging with a client who wanted to visit father Christmas in Lapland.
I am very passionate about high quality care with a personal touch. I really do care about caring - it's not just a job for me. I set high standards and people really do matter to me. In my free time I like to raise money for charities and this normally involves some extreme activity. Last year I did a tandem skydive jump for Age UK. I will explain why I did this. It is because I believe that you should never say never - we can all achieve our goals, our dreams and live life to the full. I accept that there are challenges in life, but with the right support we can achieve things we may not have believed possible!
Debby Davies - Client Services Coordinator
Hello, I'm Debby and I have had the most rewarding career since 1983 when I trained as a nurse and specialised in elderly care. My husband and I moved to Cheltenham in 1990 and I was lucky enough to work in a local nursing home as the Deputy Matron for 7 years. I then managed a retirement complex for 16 years.
My role is to make sure our high standards are maintained and all of our clients receive the excellent care and support we pride ourselves on, from the moment clients and their families contact us.
I feel very privileged to work with an amazing team who are as passionate about providing the highest quality of care as I am. It is so rewarding to make a difference to people's lives on a daily basis and I feel very lucky to be part of Home Instead.
Michelle Smith - Care Coordinator
I'm responsible for arranging all the home visits we make. My job is to make sure that we achieve the best possible match between our clients and CAREGivers, so that they can build great relationships based on trust.
I first became involved in care when my partner's mum had a stroke. This experience changed my life and when I met Michelle the Care Manager of Home Instead I was inspired to take up this completely new career. I started as a CAREGiver and although I am now more office based I still feel it is important to meet all our new clients and CAREGivers.
Every client has different needs and wishes. Getting to know them - their likes and dislikes, things they have done in their lives and particular interests really helps me to ensure they receive the best service from Home Instead.
It's exactly the same with our CAREGivers - they all have wonderful qualities and are prepared to go the extra mile. My job is never exactly the same every day and I love it!
Welcome to Home Instead Cheltenham and Cotswolds, providing home care services in your area.
|Areas We Cover|
|Our Care Services|
|Request Home Care Services|
|What People Say About Us|
|Employment Enquiry Form|
|Being A CAREGiver|
- Friendship at Christmas for Barton and Tredworth Residents
- Home Instead first homecare provider in Gloucestershire to be rated Outstanding by CQC
- Home Instead UK recognised with Queen's Award for Enterprise
- Christmas Moments Raise funds to 'Bring Joy'!
- Helping Seniors Stay Safe at Home
- CAREgiver Becky's Hidden Talents
- Home Instead Team 'walks the walk' for Dementia
- CAREGiver's Award - Carl's Story
- Coffee, Cakes and Conversation to support Parkinson's UK
- 'Recipe to Remember' winners enjoy lunch at Lucia's Cafe Cirencester
- 'Bring a Bag to Work Day' supports dignity, independence and quality of life.
- Prizes awarded at Cheltenham Bowling Club
- 'Caring for the Elderly' raises many issues
- Care Continues in Blizzard Conditions
- Home Instead searches for 'Recipes to Remember'
- Home Instead's 1st Birthday Means Business!
- Picnic at the Polo in aid of the Leukaemia and Intensive Chemotherapy Fund
- Caregivers gain better understanding of Parkinson's Disease
- Home Instead Supports Parkinson's Awareness Week
- Staying Together
- Care company gets crafty for Alzheimer's Society
- Caregivers keep on going
- Home Instead helps to 'Spread the Warmth'
- House of Fraser helps out with Birthday Celebrations
- Happy Landing for Intrepid Duo
- Care Manager Ready for Take-off!
- Sky High Support for Older People
- Care company to create 50 jobs