This month our Care Manager Michelle is busy preparing for her Big Event. But although Michelle has just got engaged it's not her wedding she's preparing for, it's a skydive to raise funds for the charity Age Uk.
Michelle's jump will take her from the airfield at South Cerney near Cirencester to a height of 10,000 feet, from which she will free fall for the first 5,000 feet. As someone who is scared of heights this will be no mean feat for Michelle who is determined to conquer her fear and raise £1000 for Age UK in the process.
She will be accompanied on the jump by Angela Sutherland who works from the national office of Home Instead Senior Care in Warrington (pictured here on the left with Michelle). Neither of them have attempted such an activity before but by teaming up in Gloucestershire they aim to double their contribution to Age UK in support of older people.
With only a few weeks to go, Michelle is busy attracting sponsorship and getting into training locally, with extra trips to the gym. Following plenty of preparation she hopes to ensure that she meets her target and has a perfectly smooth landing!
Welcome to Home Instead Cheltenham and Cotswolds, providing home care services in your area.
|Areas We Cover|
|Our Care Services|
|Request Home Care Services|
|What People Say About Us|
|Employment Enquiry Form|
|Being A CAREGiver|
- Friendship at Christmas for Barton and Tredworth Residents
- Home Instead first homecare provider in Gloucestershire to be rated Outstanding by CQC
- Home Instead UK recognised with Queen's Award for Enterprise
- Christmas Moments Raise funds to 'Bring Joy'!
- Helping Seniors Stay Safe at Home
- CAREgiver Becky's Hidden Talents
- Home Instead Team 'walks the walk' for Dementia
- CAREGiver's Award - Carl's Story
- Coffee, Cakes and Conversation to support Parkinson's UK
- 'Recipe to Remember' winners enjoy lunch at Lucia's Cafe Cirencester
- 'Bring a Bag to Work Day' supports dignity, independence and quality of life.
- Prizes awarded at Cheltenham Bowling Club
- 'Caring for the Elderly' raises many issues
- Care Continues in Blizzard Conditions
- Home Instead searches for 'Recipes to Remember'
- Home Instead's 1st Birthday Means Business!
- Picnic at the Polo in aid of the Leukaemia and Intensive Chemotherapy Fund
- Caregivers gain better understanding of Parkinson's Disease
- Home Instead Supports Parkinson's Awareness Week
- Staying Together
- Care company gets crafty for Alzheimer's Society
- Caregivers keep on going
- Home Instead helps to 'Spread the Warmth'
- House of Fraser helps out with Birthday Celebrations
- Happy Landing for Intrepid Duo
- Care Manager Ready for Take-off!
- Sky High Support for Older People
- Care company to create 50 jobs