Senior’s Information Day
Saturday 1st October
United Reformed Church, Park Green, Macclesfield 10am – 3pm
The Deputy Mayor and Deputy Mayoress will also be giving their support and will be attending from 1pm – 2.30pm
Home Instead Senior Care in Macclesfield are organising a Senior’s information day which will bring together a host of local companies and organisations who can give free advise and information to older people and their families across the area.
The event is in conjunction with the National ‘Older People’s Day’ which is on the same day.
There will be demonstrations from Alderley Pilates studio showing great exercises for older people at , Sarah Crossley will be singing and encouraging others to sing along to well known songs.
Attending and exhibiting
- Home Instead Senior Care - provides award-winning home care to elderly people in East Cheshire, allowing them to stay in their own homes for as long as possible.
- Age UK Cheshire –are focused on the maintenance of good physical and mental health and the promotion of independent living for older people. Providing support services which focus on enabling older people to make informed decisions on how they wish to live.
- Mrs Joanne Bishop Councillor for families affected with dementia – working with and helping people and their families cope
- Wiltshire Farm Foods - They can offer a way for you or a relative to eat well, without having to worry about long trips to the supermarket, preparing food, or managing boiling pots and pans. Many of our customers have special dietary needs, and so we work hard to make sure our meals and desserts meet the best nutritional standards.
- East Cheshire Hospice – East Cheshire Hospice cares for adults suffering from life-limiting illnesses from which there is no cure. We care for the whole person, aiming to meet all needs, whether they are medical, emotional or spiritual or around the challenges of daily-living. We support families and carers throughout what is often a difficult period.
- Andrew Smith Funeral Directors - An independent, family-owned undertaker's business serving Alderley Edge, Bollington, Knutsford, Poynton, Prestbury, Macclesfield and throughout East Cheshire. Often a subject difficult to discuss but one that perhaps should be before you or your family are bereaved They will provide you with support and guidance to help you make decisions that are right for you and help you to understand about what to do when someone dies.
- SAS Daniels Solicitors –Leading law firm in the North West providing advice and support for families affected by issues in older age
- Occupational therapist- Elizabeth Hallows - Occupational therapy is the assessment and treatment of physical and psychiatric conditions using specific, purposeful activity to prevent disability and promote independent function in all aspects of daily life.
- Peaks & Plains Housing Trust - Peaks & Plains Housing is a local company providing high quality, affordable homes in Macclesfield and the surrounding areas
- Alzheimer’s Society Macclesfield – A charity leading the fight against dementia help and support for people and their families who are affected by dementia
- Macclesfield U3A - U3A stands for the University of the Third Age which is a self-help organisation for people who are retired, semi-retired or no longer in full time employment providing educational, creative and leisure opportunities in a friendly environment
- Cheshire Carers - Offering information, advice and support to Carers across Cheshire. A Carer is someone of any age who provides unpaid support to family or friends who could not manage without this help. This could be caring for a relative, partner or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or substance misuse problems.
- The Foot Care Clinic – Macclesfield based State Registered Chiropodist qualified to offer a full range of foot treatments designed to maintain the well being of your feet
- Macclesfield Disability Bureau - The Disability Information Bureau is staffed by volunteers with first hand experience of disability and provides a free and confidential service on all aspects of disability to disabled people, carers, friends and professionals
- Alderley Edge Pilates – Body Control Pilates, an undisputed world leader in the Pilates Method, is a body conditioning method that works by building strength from the inside out, rebalancing the body and bringing it into correct alignment. In doing this Pilates helps to reshape the body, which will become longer, leaner and more toned.
- Amplifon – hearing care specialists. Hearing loss creeps up on you and may even go unnoticed but advice and help is available.
- East Cheshire Fire Service – advising on safety in your home and what to do in the event of a fire
- Cheshire Link – Local involvement committee on health and social care