- How do you recruit/select your CAREGivers?
- What training do you provide your CAREGivers?
- What makes Home Instead Senior Care different from other companies?
- What services do you provide?
- Who pays the CAREGiver, you or me?
- What are your rates and minimum hours of service?
- Do you provide care services to those in nursing homes or other retirement facilities?
- Is Home Instead Senior Care a maid/cleaning service?
How do you recruit/select your CAREGivers?
One of the most important aspects of our service is the provision of CAREGivers who demonstrate a passion to assist older people to live full, independent lives, are empathetic, understanding and able to provide highly professional care services. All those who apply to become Home Instead CAREGivers are rigorously screened to ensure their suitability for the role.
If applicants show that they have the character, qualities and capabilities to become a Home Instead CAREGiver, they must then undergo thorough, in-depth pre-employment checks; these include provision of six references (which are carefully checked), a clear, enhanced criminal background check and the undertaking of extensive, ongoing training.
What training do you provide your CAREGivers?
All CAREGivers, regardless of background and experience, must undertake Home Instead's own training and all mandatory elements. Mandatory elements include, but are not limited to; Health and Safety, Moving and Handling, First Aid awareness, Protection, Medication awareness etc. In addition, CAREGivers are provided with client specific training.
We also have our own Alzheimer's training programme which is of huge benefit to those who work with sufferers and those who receive our services.
We conduct regular quality assurance home visits to ensure CAREGivers are providing the service that has been agreed and to ensure clients and their families are fully content with every aspect of that service.
- We are not an agency. We are the world's largest, most trusted home care organisation with over 1,000 offices worldwide.
- Our CAREGivers are hired directly by us, which means we deal with the administration of payroll, taxes etc. and we hold public and employers liability insurance.
- Our Care Managers visit clients on a regular basis to re-assess needs, support the CAREGiver and monitor the quality of the service.
- We are able to provide continuity of care in the event a CAREGiver is sick or on holiday.
- We are available 24/7, 52 weeks of the year to take calls and provide services.
- We have been awarded Dignity in Care Awards in many areas, in recognition of the quality of services we provide across the UK.
What services do you provide?
We provide a wide range of services to help older people maintain their independence and live at home for longer than would otherwise be possible.
From a few hours a day, up to 24 hours - seven days a week, including weekends and holidays, you can receive the services our clients find most beneficial, for example: light housekeeping; meal preparation; companionship; transport; personal care; dementia care; post hospital care; care for people with disabilities; and a live in service.
We provide anywhere from 2 hours up to 24/7 care, 365 days of the year. We will expand and reduce hours as required by the needs of the client. For further information please read more about our home care services.
Who pays the CAREGiver, you or me?
Your CAREGiver is employed by his or her locally, independently owned and operated franchise, which means the local office handles all the billing, payroll, taxes, insurance and administrative responsibilities for your CAREGiver. Your CAREGiver is employed by his or her locally, independently owned and operated franchise, which means the local office handles all the billing, payroll, taxes, insurance and administrative responsibilities for your CAREGiver.
Do you provide care services to those in nursing homes or other retirement facilities?
Yes, Home Instead Senior Care CAREGivers provide services to residents in retirement and nursing homes who may require additional attention and/or personalised long term care.
Is Home Instead Senior Care a maid/cleaning service?
No, but CAREGivers can provide light housekeeping, laundry and ironing as part of our comprehensive care services.